Workshop title: “A Unifying Foundation for Today’s Software Development Best Practices”
Duration: 4 hours
Dr. Ivar Jacobson, Ivar Jacobson Consulting
Today’s Information Technology (IT) executives are faced with a myriad of paths to follow in the quest to deliver quality software. Walk through the hallways of software developer cubicles and you will hear the buzz of such exotic terminology as:
- Service Oriented Architecture
- Enterprise Service Bus
- Model Driven Architecture
- Asset Based Development
- Reusable Component Library and Build to Assembly Migration
Join a group of developers for a Cafe Latte and catch the enthusiasm about Extreme Programming and Agile Development.
Be prepared for a change in mood when you walk into the executive conference room to answer hard questions such as:
- Why are we not getting the promised quality and cost-savings from our outsourcing efforts?
- Why are we still late to market with our software products after heavily investing in new tooling and expensive consultants?
- What happened to the promise of reduction in risk when you adopted the so called practice of “iterative development”? The business is still not being given the flexibility it needs to specify changes in software to meet changes in business practices.
Dr. Ivar Jacobson presents a foundation of basic principles of software development. He cuts through the hype and confusion of the latest popular approaches and seemingly conflicting development paradigms to determine the nuggets of truth and value behind each. With great insight and clarity, he presents a foundation for unifying these truths to lead to software development excellence.
Join Dr. Jacobson, a name synonymous with vision, excellence, integrity, and industry leadership, for a unique opportunity for discussion of the realistic possibilities for software excellence.